AED 3,209.00AED 3,209.00
These look like just your style.
Choosing an Accent Rug
Flatweave, shaggy, or hand-knotted: a Crate and Barrel rug is an interior essential that will elevate any space in terms of comfort and style.
- A rug can feel super soft and cosy underfoot, making a room more inviting.
- Placed in high traffic areas, like an entranceway, a rug can help to protect the flooring underneath.
- The colour and style of rug can instantly change the look of a room for a stunning refresh and real impact.
What size rug is best?
The best size rug depends on the dimensions of the room.
- Our long, narrow runner rugs are great for hallways or alongside a bed.
- Don’t skimp on size or it could make a room look smaller.
- Try placing newspaper on the floor to mimic the size of rug to get an idea of how it will look.
Neutrals or colour-pop brights?
- Stick with sophisticated neutrals on the floor but add interest by opting for a textural weave.
- A geometric pattern in grey and cream tones is another way to subtly introduce interest.
- Go all out against a neutral backdrop with a bold coloured or patterned rug that will make a statement.
How to place a living room rug
A living room rug unites the interior design scheme. Bigger is almost always best, so ideally opt for a wall-to-wall rug. Avoid smaller rugs or the look can become disjointed. As a guide, one end of the rug should be under the front legs of the sofa and the other should reach to touch other key pieces of furniture.
Practical considerations for choosing a rug
A hardwearing material like wool is relatively stain resistant while remaining soft to the touch. For high traffic areas, such as a hallway or kitchen, our easy to wash cotton rugs are a prudent choice.
For even more great ideas and inspiration, check out our ideas and advice blog.